1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

need help where to start at!! base tune

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by strokedmalibu, Nov 8, 2015.

1. strokedmalibu

here are all of my specs that I know as the car was built by someone else my friend acquired it in a trade
    sbc 350 stock heads and a t5
    Qft 750 blow thru 76p 86s 45 pv with a 1:1 reg.
    turbo is t4 g45
    70 trim
    ar.67
    ind.69
    exd.98
    t.t 93
    ar1.05
    ind.89
    exd78
    3inch with A-A intercooler
    3 1/2 exhuast
    has walbro 255
    does have innovate wide band and I will be data logging on laptop
    will soon have msd 6al2 p.
    I'm looking for a base tune like what jets to start with what timing and what a/f to look for thanks for any help what fuel pressure to start with

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. M&M Turbochargers

timing look for high teens when in boost

and 11.5arf under boost

go at about 6-7psi fuel pressure

3. strokedmalibu

thanks for the info are the jets about right to start with, and on the QFT 750 were should I set the floats at as far as fuel level in the glass?
    thanls greg

4. M&M Turbochargers

we usually set the fuel level in the bowls somewhere from half to the top of the glass window

the jets you listed are the from the factory ,, we just set the same carb up on a 396 at 3500ft ele and had to take some front jet out

5. strokedmalibu

if you were to take a shot in the dark what jets should I start with stock 350 50ft a.sl
    thx gregbb

6. M&M Turbochargers

id start with the factory jets and see where your at

7. flyinhillbilly

There are a lot of things that factor into that, so many in fact that I doubt you'll get an answer containing hard numbers for jets. I like to jet them up a few sizes and ease into boost a little at a time while keeping a close eye on the plugs and wideband. Just take it slow and sneak up on it.

8. BlownShovel

/\/\This/\/\

Conservative tune and boost - then ease into what the combo wants