1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help identifying a Garrett/Air Research turbo w/in

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Guido, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Guido

This is a turbo a friend of mine has. I have not been able to find out much about it.

Here is what is on the name tag:
    465010-9002

That appears to make it a TV811.

I dont have photos but it has an approx surge 5" inlet and a 5" turbine exhaust. Im not sure of the compressor outlet however, it is pretty large too.

It needs rebuilt. If anyone knows anything about it, can they take it a step further and tell me anything about it?

2. JZ 97 SS 1500

Hmm looks like a TV8101 Detriot Diesel unit. The A/R on those units is LARGE though. The smallest A/R is a 1.39 and the other versions are 1.60, and 1.84.

Jose

3. Guido

Its big thats for sure. LMAO

Is there anything you can do to use em or is it a lost cause?

4. MX22Rider

you can run a search on google for "home built turbine engine" im sure something that large would make a couple pounds of thrust ;)

5. MX22Rider