1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help choosing a converter for 1300 hp

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by 92TA, Dec 14, 2019.

1. 92TA

Need help choosing a converter for a C5 vette, 4l60e, twin turbo car. Motor and setup is being built at this time and transmission is being sent off to add a transbrake. Car originally was a 920 rwhp blower car with a pro yank 3600 single disk. Still have the yank converter but don’t know if it would work good in the 1300-1400 hp range. Do I need a triple disk or will a single disk hold that power? And what about a lock up? I hear stories of people snapping shafts in half engaging them sometimes. Yank offers a triple disk option so I can send it in to get rebuilt or just go to another converter all together.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. BOOSTEDROK

4l60e:ahah:

Mnlx likes this.
  3. 92TA

Lmao! Oh ik! It’s a level 7 from Finishline has been a level 6 but am upgrading to the 300 m shafts this time. Gonna see how it goes maybe go glide in the near future but can’t swing it at the moment.

4. Mnlx

Hold off until you can do a glide. Money thrown at a 60e is a waste. Sell it while it still functions. A turbo setup will make a bunch more torque under the curve if you let it.

BOOSTEDROK likes this.
  5. 92TA

I’m still debating..$9k is a lot to swing for a glide at the moment and I’ve been dying to get the car back on the street..but a few rebuilds and I’m probably looking at $9k anyway too ik.

6. BOOSTEDROK

X2

7. BOOSTEDROK

9k....... you can do a bad ass glide for $4500ish

8. 92TA

not for a corvette they have to be special made and only 2 company’s that ik of build one East coast Superchargering and RPM..both $9000 just for the glide...but I’ve made my kind up earlier today just gonna sell what I have and save up for a glide conversion

9. BOOSTEDROK

damn totally forgot you have a vette, bummer, yeah that’s not cheap! I think the glide would be a great buy if you can swing it. I think ol cleetus McFarland did that same trans in the red ruby car! Looked like a bad piece. And worth some great ET gains

10. Mnlx

Yep, a RPM glide. Slick setup for sure.