1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I survived my trip to Yosemite

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Kevins89notch5.0, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Kevins89notch5.0

Had a freakin' blast, saw some bears, did some major hiking, climbed up to some waterfalls, etc. :eek:I felt like I was 10 years old and the whole park was my playground. I took a crap load of pics and videos. Since some coworkers, family, etc all want to see them I started a blog.

www.gowhereigo.blogspot.com

I have 4 posts up so far, with another 4-6 more of Yosemite coming, and then probably another 2-4 from my 2 day stay in San Francisco while I was out in Cali.

Let me know what ya think.

2. 1968turbostang

Thats B-E-A-utiful man, thanks for posting.

3. BlownShovel

x2

Great location/trip . I see your phone worked --did you have signal all the time?

We took family trips out west when I was growing up...still want to do the same with my kids great things to see and do... although hiking isn't an option at this point.

4. EvilSports

Great pictures.

I read an article this morning that Yosemite has had an unusual number of accidental deaths this year for whatever reason.

As I typed that I realized that they probably wouldn't be accidental if they had reasons. :doh:

5. nos10racer

looks amazing words and pictures prolly dont do justice to how it looks in person

6. Kevins89notch5.0

Updated with pics of climbing Half Dome.

7. craig6.9diesel

Very cool! I was there in the late 80's. Dont remember it to much though.... I was like 6 or 7... I do remember it was pretty cool!

8. foxstanggt

I've watched a video of some crazy guy FREE climbing half dome....no ropes, not nothing, mess up you die.

9. brianj5600

I tell people that Yosemite is somewhere EVERY person should go before they die. Coming though the tunnel into the valley was amazing. We hiked Half Dome and it was my toughest day hike ever, but well worth it. I was bummed though that Jeffery died. Jeffery is a tree made famous by Ansel Adams.