1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need help building ramps

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by BlackMagic94, Oct 13, 2011.

1. BlackMagic94

I need to build some 12' steel ramps for a 450 quad to go into the back of a M35A2 truck.

I was thinking 1.5x1.5" Angle steel 3/16 thick as its only 23.50 a 20' stick, the 1/4" thick is 38 a stick and 46 lbs vs 35 lbs for a stick.

Do you feel that 3/16 is strong enough for sub 1000 lbs divided amoung to ramps?

2. revn351

Need to talk to turbobird on here he built that kick ass snowboard ramp.

3. TT_05_Stang

I had aluminum ramps sent to me for less than I could really build them myself. was right around 200, and they hold 1000 lbs each. IIRC they were 10'

4. Turbobird

If this a ramp your keeping at a location or one you want to take in the truck and drag around with you?
    That was is a differnt kind of ramp lol. Did a bigger one few weeks later

5. BreakDancer

I think a couple 2 x 10' s and call it done a 450 is not very heavy. If you want to get fancey buy the aluminum ends for seating on the bed.

6. revn351

Dam I read this whole post wrong. :2thumbs:

7. BreakDancer

I missed the 12 ft part in that case use the 3/16 angle iron to brace the edges for a good length of the center. Easy cheap and light.