1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What boost controller are you running?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by B00ST00, Jan 4, 2010.

1. B00ST00

My set up is about finished and im looking into boost controllers. The car is mostly a street car that is taken to the track a few times a year. I never run in any classes, just test and tune. A friend of mine gave me a two stage turbo smart manual controller. It looks like it works off a toggle switch. I only plan on having two boost settings, one at 10psi for pump and one at 30psi or so for race gas. I dont think ill ever need to be able to ramp up boost in different gears but im not sure. I know the ams1000 is great but im not sure if I need all that. I really like the looks of the aem electronic boost controller that fits in a gauge pod. Sorry for sounding ignorant to the subject but im def new to turbos. Thanks for any insight.

2. 1sicpny

i run the innovative msbc-1 same as exile racing

3. JSTFORFN

I have the EBOOST2 and like it alot. It's a little pricey. It can be setup simple or more complex with gear selected boost settings. It really boils down to personal preference.

Thanks Mike

4. stangman9897

5. ocshaman

6. Orr89rocz

I run a simple manual switch and its pretty good. Seems to be about 1 turn per PSI. Havent had any fluctuations

7. 25-5

8. sickpuppy

then whats the point in the forums at all. if someone asks a question and is told to search we might as well shut all the forums down and just keep the info for search purposes only right? since all questions have been asked at 1 point or another.

9. Anthony

for what you want to do, as i read it. just get the ams500. i have one and its pretty damn sweet. so sweet in fact. i might be getting a 1000

10. LowBoostinT76

I've been using a greddy profec b spec 2 controller. It works holds boost great, easy enough to adjust and gets the job done. Not as fancy as the other controllers but its relatively cheap.
    I plan on using my BigStuff3 to control boost once I get the car up and running again though. That way I can use the timers to introduce boost when I want it so the car stays hooked, for this I'll use a solenoid and cheapo manual boost controller for each stage. :2thumbs:

11. B00ST00

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.