1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need a decent hot side kit to get started

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by sealevel, Mar 10, 2014.

1. sealevel

Hi, I'm Jason. From Houston and been looking around for a couple of days. Now I did try searching but didn't really yield the answer I'm looking for. I have a 90 GT and I want to go turbo. I've decided that the Denmah kit is perfect for my goals but that leaves me needing a hot side kit. I can do some minor modifications via welding but as far as fabrication from scratch I don't have the skill set. That being said, what would you guys suggest as far as a good hot side kit to get started with? I'd like something that isn't going to be complete crap, if it needs some minor modification that's fine but I would like to avoid having to redo the entire setup. I would rather not blow a ton of money on this because I'm unsure I will want to stick with the turbo route. The car is an occasional cruiser. Once a month to a meet and race up and down the road from time to time. I just like torque :)

Thanks!

2. rugger

3. sealevel

I actually wouldn't be against something like that. Are all gt45 turbos created equally? I will go research the speeddaddy kit in the link unless someone has some experience with that particular kit? Like I said, I just don't want to end up with something that is going to need to be completely rebuilt in order to fit correctly.

4. rugger

I have no idea of the quality of that one. I'm not sure if it's the same China GT45 that is in the VS Racing kit, but it sure looks really similar.

5. sealevel

What about like b&g or pony down? Are they not producing product anymore? Any one else that puts out mild steel hot side kits? I looked at CG but they cost a little more than I'm hoping to spend.