1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Narrow band placement

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by lowpressure, Aug 5, 2023.

1. lowpressure

I don’t have much room for the narrow band bung pre-turbo once I put the wastegates on. Have any of you put your narrow band in the downpipe close to the housing and then a wide band further down for tuning??

thanks

2. Wallace

Does your wideband have a narrowband output?

3. B E N

O2 after turbo is pretty common, the extra heat/pressure is hard on O2 sensors when they are before the turbine.

Russell and 91turboterror like this.
  4. 91turboterror

In the DP for sure. Close to Whatever the WB manufacturer recommends maybe like 12” downstream from turbo

5. lowpressure

Definitely putting the wideband O2 sensor 12ish inches downstream, but the narrowband from the manufacturer is usually on the collector so can I put it on the other side of the turbo housing?

6. 91turboterror

Both wide and narrow in the DP . Could go closer to the turbo in the DP with the narrow.

7. lowpressure

Perfect. That was the plan but wanted some moral support

91turboterror likes this.
  8. TurboSnake281

In my opinion it’s always smartest to have the narrow band before the turbo.

9. 91turboterror

+1

10. B E N

The coyote uses 2 wide bands from the factory. You can use hptuners to live log them. Skip the auxiliary wb. I tried to respond over there but my tablet doesn't hold the password and I'm out of country.

11. B E N

12. lowpressure