1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My twin turbo viper build up.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TuxMask-Andy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. TuxMask-Andy

Here is some pics of a twin turbo viper build up im doing for my dads car.

I posted this on viperalley and got totally shredded by them. Not a friendly site to go to.

So I figure i'll post it here. I normally build v6 mustang turbo kits.

http://www.tmaturbo.com/viperkit.html

2. mfpmax

You mentioned money and prices...thats where it all went wrong. :rofl:

3. chris406

Well fuck those guys! :fu: This the turbo forums so post lots of pics so I can look at them at work.

4. TuxMask-Andy

Ya a mentioned 10k and they were all set in disbelief. they thought 10k for a twin kit is nearly impossible and only a dream..

They called out b.s it can never be done for that cheap. hahahahah

Goes to show you that they let their money do all the thinking for them. What a shame. Anyways I had fun on that board pistol wiping them around.

Here is the link to it. You might get a good laugh out of it.

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-gen-i/55506-tma-twin-turbo-viper.html

And yes I know Im a bit brutal but i sorta have to be when dealing with a rough crowd.

5. hstang

What a prick.

6. 2_slow_5.0

Gezz I have never seen so many people in one post that are so judgemental. :2thumbs: Keep it up I will get band from that site LOL

7. Drlee50

Maybe when people try to give you some help when you ask stupid ass questions like " should i run an oil restrictor before the turbo or after the turbo or both?" you shouldnt be a dick and say you made 40+ turbo kits and you are above books like " maximum boost". If you were so smart and already read that book like you said you wouldnt ask stupid beginner questions like that. It makes you look stupid. I was trying to help you out -telling you where the answers were to the questions that YOU asked. I do have some experience and have built a 1000hp twin turbo mustang that does get driven daily. i dont care if you have welded 5 million hot sides-- it doesnt mean you know shit about designing complete turbo "kits"-- that include oiling systems, turbo coolant lines etc. It is blantantly obvious you havent or you would already know these answers.

good luck to you- I doubt youll get much more help if this is how you respond to it.

8. thesled

fuck viper owners are ignorant....

9. TuxMask-Andy

Well when your fabricating, welding, designing, the learning curve for this is quite large.

As for the smaller things like what brand to use for electric oil pumps, weather car has high flow oil pump, etc. Learning curve is not that steep.

I went into building this turbo for this viper without even knowing what fuel system it uses, what injectors it comes with etc.. I came into the build knowing nothin about vipers. Ya it might make me look stupid but I dont' care, the utmost important part is getting all the pipes welded up and fabricated.

When tuning time comes then ya Im definetly going to have to know everything about vipers and sorry that i asked the "stupid" questions. Only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked :)

10. 2_slow_5.0

I am not sure how many people that read this look at the link of viper site but they seem to think that the quality that goes into anything other then vipers and other cars of 80 plus k is far less. :bang: It really pisses me off to read someone posting about how good they are and how shitty everyone else is.