1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My Turbo is off to Precision!

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Chris95svt, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Chris95svt

I just wanted to start this post, just so they know I wasn't BS'n them about people watching how they treat this situation.

Click HERE to subscribe to this thread

*Edited*

If you guys would like to read the outcome and skip all the posts CLICK ME

2. ricky

hey man,i'm watching,let us know how it goes

3. tonym

/subscribing....... Image is everything in the public eye. Lets hope they do the right thing

4. SlowJoe

unless your a wopy from CT!!!!

5. tonym

its you're, you frickin messicano and beans on a tortilla bun!!

6. Trentk

Precision will once again be a site sponsor very soon.

Thanks,
    Trent

7. Chris95svt

Let's hope they take care of this.

8. ronlp

Since I own the same PTE 64 unit you do, I guess I'll keep an eye on this. ;)

9. WaterPog

10. dman

in all fairness, it's a race part that usually implys No Warranty after extreme use... But it will be interesting to see how much pride they have in their product..

i'm gonna say they'll try to help you out..

11. BigRy

We shall see, I like there Turbos, but damn 1000.00 for a turbo, somethings wrong with that when Conrad can run his PowerMaster just as efficient, and for less price . But thats why I bought the cheaper PowerMaster alternative. 650.00 for a T70 with a Garret .96 A/R and polished housing, you cant go wrong there. Hey if it craps on me, then so be it. If Precision comes through then I would be glad to buy one of their turbos and move up from my T70.

12. ShaneH

in all fairness, it's a race part that usually implys No Warranty after extreme use...

Yep, this is exactly what I was going to point out. BUTTTTTT.............Turbonetics did start their no questions asked warranty last year, so it will be interesting to see if PTE responds in kind.

13. Chris95svt

I know I'm a moderator, but I don't want to be biased. Can we make this a sticky and see what happens?

14. lousblk01gt

Don't you guys remember when Wesley had a smoking prob and thought it was the turbo. Precision looked at it and I think replaced the seals when there wasn't anything wrong with it, turned out to be his motor.:p

15. Chris95svt

Dude, the impeller is shaking inside the housing. LOL..

Checked the plugs too, the motor runs great, and if it runs this great with this much oil pushing past it, then I think I found a new formula for power! :D

16. lousblk01gt

The point is they looked at it no questions asked even though nothing was wrong. I think they will take care of you, or at least charge you for a bunch of work.:D

BTW, I have the same turbo, but my car spends soo much time on stands with cracked headers I guess a turbo problem has yet to develope!:D

17. Chris95svt

Don't get me started. My headers have been repaired more then four times already... They look more like a science project then a set of headers.

Next year, I hope, I would like to get these headers duplicated by kooks through a friend of mine.. If I can get them to make them so they don't break or leak, that would be freakin awesome.

18. TurboSN95

Subscribing... I am thinking of getting two precisions, but if they screw you out of this one, Turbonetics baby. You literally have like 1,000 miles on that thing, and you took care of it (oil changes, letting it idle after running it).

19. shawnt64

whats all the white shit inside the turbo?

20. Chris95svt

Condensation. I started the car really quick to get it in the garage. Cold metal + Hot exhaust Gases= Water

Then add a little oil to the mix.