1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

my turbo exhaust and plumbing is DONE!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by fast4d, Aug 20, 2003.

1. fast4d

I'm trying to decide if I should take it all off for ceramic or run the car for a little to see if I'm satisfied with the results first.

2. INTMD8

Looks nice!

Did you make the headers too?

3. fast4d

it's a cartech SS kit which comes with headers. I didn't like the way the crossover, DP, Y pipe and wastegate comes from cartech.

the compressor to intercooler piping suck too. I make it exit straight with only 1 bend.

4. BOSs5.0

Are those all tig welds? Why are you venting your wastegate to the atmosphere? What accessories are you running? You have so much custom bracketry I can't tell whe you've kept. I really like your setup. Looks great.

5. Snipe656

Interesting, I know a guy who did just that with his too, he never did get around to the other side though, wonder what his name was ;)

What is different about your crossover, DP and y-pipe? Like the wastegate method.

6. fast4d

it's not mig weld. I am pretty sure it's tig. he used a tungsten and rod by hand.

the DP is from the cartech kit. then it flares out to 3.5 then Y.

the cartech crossover pipe had no chance of fitting around the canton pan.

I asked the guy to tuck it up there as much as possible for ground clearance. nothing is lower than the oil pan.

7. Snipe656

That is basically what we did on my old kit for the downpipe and y-pipe. My crossover was custom/cartech since no way it was clearing my Moroso pan.

8. Brent Davis

Looks great.

I notice that you do not have any of that flex tubing in between any of the hot parts. Why? They don't offer that anymore? I am not a big fan of the flex piece anyways because mine cracked in less than 1 year.

Have fun with it and be safe.

9. Snipe656

Flex piece I thought was just in the outlaw kit, not the SS kit.

10. Brent Davis

Could be, but I thought it came on all the kits. If you look at the crossover, it seems that there was one installed there but then a solid piece added later.

11. Snipe656

Pertty sure my SS kit did not come with one and do not recall there being one in any of the others I have seen in person, but honestly never looked specifically for that.

12. Trentk

my ss kit didn't come with a flex pipe and I have never seen one with a flex pipe.

13. turbostang

definately TIG welding.. it looks great too !!