1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

A boost virgin in need of a few opinions...

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by ohthexcitement, Mar 18, 2007.

1. ohthexcitement

I'm new to this board as well as the crazy world of boost. My first project objective is to add low-ish end grunt to the 3.9L "little girl" Magnum engine dodge put in a 4000lb hauler. I'm hard-press to make the decision of roots blower or small twins. You fellas know the pros and cons of both, as do I. However, I can't seem to nail-down a set of turbos that are small enough to yield boost early enough in the rpm range.

Objectives:
    I'd like something to come on @ 1800rpm. The engine is rarely spun past 4000, so I'm not too worried about running them out of their efficiency realm. If I can get a couple of turbos to give me near what a blower can for tq, but with the lack of drag on the crank, I'm all over it...
    I'd like to use OEM units from a production car for cost reasons.

I came up with a couple units from the 03-05 WRX/imprezza (non sti). There have been many reviews stating that they spool-up prettty quickly on the 2.0, meaning two of them should act just as so on my 3.9L.

What do you guys think? If any of you feel there is a better option, by all means...

2. millerman340

Grab two Volvo turbos or the mitubishi turbos off a fwd 2.2 dodge( Those spool fast on the 89 and later fwd Dodges)