1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Val Hardtop 360 build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Daveo Oldham, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Daveo Oldham

Hi guys and girls,thanks for a awesome web site and for letting me be part of it.
    My build is an Aussie chrysler Valiant hardtop 360.
    Slow progress due to rust issues and half an engine,
    Ok so I have a couple questions and my ears are open to any input.As states the power plant is a small block mopar 360 over 030.The pistons in it are TRW forged dished however number one skirt has a hairline crack due to previous owner trying to blow her up(piss off).So I have to buy a whole set of 8 after several search attempts for one and no such luck so my question is what compression should I be aiming for?I realize the forged dished are the way to go but how much boost can a hypo piston take? The turbo I have on the shelf is a Garrett GT45.Eddelbrock heads,Plan was to use the blow through carb this is a mostly a street car.Camshaft was going to use the Crane -694561 specs are-232/242 302/312 .504/.528 114* 3000-6500rpm,Trans is a shift kitted 904 no high stall as yet.Thanks for input Iam sure I will have a heap more questions
    Cheers

2. Mnlx

I would personally run a plain cast piston over a hyper. Either will work as long as the tune is safe, but in the event of a piston failure the hypers are brittle, and are known to basically disintegrate rather than just loosing a land.