1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My Factory Five Turbo 408 Cobra replica build, 924rwhp/ 986rwtq

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 2fastCobra, Apr 7, 2010.

1. 2fastCobra

I am getting close enough to being done with my Turbo Cobra replica to post some info and pictures. I post about my first dyno pulls with my combo here https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138932.0 . The first trip to the dyno the car made 835rwhp / 907rwtq at 18 psi that was with the K&N air filter in place which only flows 1000cfm the motor should need around 1500cfm according to K&N at 6200rpm. The boost starded to fall off by 3.5 #'s as the rpm went up. My combo is 408 Dart Iron Eagle block from AD performance, AFR 225 race heads, turbo cam, the turbo is BW T6 80mm with race cover. TKO 900 from MMR and Mcleod street twin clutch.I am using Big Stuff 3 to control my EFI system. I am using a Magnafuel Pro Tuner in-line EFI pump MP 4301 rated for 1500hp, let me say "this pump is not very loud at all". It is a lot quieter the my Weldon with the voltage controller. I made all the turbo system myself, I called Magestic Turbo for the BW S480, they are very helpful and had my turbo to me fast. The body for the car is being painted now and I should have it very soon. The car has taken me a few years to build mostly because I would save up to buy parts. I will post more pictures as I get nearer to completion. I have learned a lot over the years from the TurboForums.com Thanks, Jeff B.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

2. 2fastCobra

Re: My Factory Five Turbo Cobra replica build

Here are some more pictures. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

3. MONTEGOD7SS

Re: My Factory Five Turbo 408 Cobra replica build

Life insurance all paid up? I have ridden in a Superformance car with a 514ci BBF making 650rwhp, and it was insane.

4. NewTune

That's absolutely sick. Big hp/torque in an oversized go-cart. That, my friend, is gonna fly. Traction will be an issue, but damn, what fun. Glad to see you went manual trans instead of automatic. I see 100 mph drifts in your future.

5. 2fastCobra

It is hard to believe that this light car can put down 700rwhp with very little tire spin as long as you ease into the gas and let the cars weight start to transfer to the rear. At 800rwhp the tires spin but there is very little loss of momentum and the car goes very straight. Now if I stab the gas at 4000rpm in 1st through 4th gear I can blow the tires off spinning. This was copied from my other post.

6. davidjalb

ur my hero

7. Silky151

:shock:

8. Ackbar00

Trade you cars? I know I am taking a loss, but I can live with that.

9. 383coupe

I saw pics of this the other day, when i looked up 'insanity' on wikipedia..

:bow:

10. 85fox

What is the weight on the car? I would imagine some where around ~2500lbs

11. MONTEGOD7SS

In his other thready he said 2300lb. :jdp:

12. 85fox

Damn! This car is going to fly! It will be a freeway monster :eek:

13. blk mk8

sick build, i wanna build my own some day but this is the car i am working on at the moment. the customer is in the pic, twin turbo 351W. we are finishing the down pipes and moving the turbos for him and doing the cold side as well

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. 2_slow_5.0

That is nice! I would love to have it! LOL Looks like a whole lot of fun!

15. Kerrdogg

Wow thats gotta be a handful, been debating on picking up one of their 33 kits for a daily driver, 4.6 4v, 6 speed with a couple of 56's sounds like fun. BTW saw the JL amp and chuckled, that's me a loud car with a louder stereo, wonder why I am deaf.

16. 2fastCobra

The stereo and amp seemed like a good idea when I started the build, they are only good if the car is sitting still. I had to gut my sidepipes because the muffler inside was only 2-1/4 inch.

17. stangman9897

My favorite car in the world, i would take an 1967 427 AC Cobra over any car made hands down. I know a guy that owns a ford dealership her in town and he has two of them in his collectoin a 289 and a 427. Back in 67 & 68 my brother was selling new cars at a ford dealer here and they had four on the lot and the sticker was 7,890.00 for the 289 and 8,790.00 for the 427 and now you see them on Barrett Jackson for 500,000 to 800,000.

Back then there claim to fame was it would blow the tires off at 100mph on the freeway.

18. pokerface

Did you do any frame strengthening? lol :stupid: :2thumbs:

19. 2fastCobra

FFR makes a very strong frame to start with but I did add a few bars for extra support. I added around the motor mounts, the power brake booster and I put in a drive shaft safety loop. The drive shaft is only 11 inches long. I have a Competition engineering anti-roll bar in the rear which ties the rear end to the frame and helps the car pull straight. The car is very rear weight bias. The motor is sitting back a good ways behind the front suspension not like most cars. The weight transfers very well and with the right mods to the rear end and a good set of drag radials the car moves like CRAZY.

20. Chris91LX

+ 1 talked to a guy with a 427ci FFR with no power adder and that car was insane. Sweet build but I'd be scurred to drive it. :eek: