1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

my data log take a look suggestions wanted

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by draggsxr1000, Oct 2, 2010.

1. draggsxr1000

90 stock motor gt. with a 70mm turbo 42lb injector. 255 intank pump. Log is a lil long sorry. Have to drive it to the spot. LOL its about 3/4 the way thru. Let me know what u think. Car runs great pulls very hard. It does however still have 4.10 gears.

graph.png #ad

2. draggsxr1000

If u would like the log file. Let me know your addy. Ill send it. Thx david.

3. draggsxr1000

No news is good news?

4. atomicsix

Can you zip it and attach, or pm it.

the pic. you posted doesn't say much, other than your DC is at 106 percent, but AFR is really rich, your at about 11 lbs boost, maxed on the injectors.

The "driving to the spot" part of the log is pretty important for the overall picture of the tune. hopefully there is a key on, crank, and start part all so, so I can see the ASE, and cranking pulse. If you just worried about the WOT AFR, then Just see what I posted above.

5. draggsxr1000

tried to zip it and i sent a copy to your email.

Attached Files:

6. draggsxr1000

msq file

Attached Files:

7. Matt Cramer

Looks like you're a bit rich - and really pushing the injectors to the limits.

8. draggsxr1000

I really figured 42 would allow more boost than that. Its just a stock motor. No way its making 500 HP. I guess I need more fuel pressure

9. 88mouse

Conbread on here is running a pretty much stock motor. (B cam). And made 49x to the tires.

10. draggsxr1000

Sweet IV talked with him before. Its cool to see all these local guys. We need toh get togeather at a track

11. jaywill

newbie here...can someone explain this to me :huh:

12. yellowpony

If you are referring to them taking about duty cycle on the injectors, here it goes:

The duty cycle of the injector basically explains how hard the injector is working to supply the demanded fuel. Most manufacturers don't recommend running an injector over 85% duty cycle. When you get to 100% dc, the injector becomes "static", meaning that it never closes to cut off fuel supply and basically just becomes an open hole dumping fuel with no "off time". What they are saying is at his boost level and commanding such a rich air fuel level, the injector is actually well over it's limit of supplying controllable fuel flow. He kind of has 3 options here, command less fuel for a leaner a/f ratio, which even at that he still may be above what the injectors can handle, turn the boost down so not as much fuel is required to get to his safe a/f level, or upgrade to larger fuel injectors so that his duty cycle will fall. If I have left something out or havent explained it quite correctly, someone please correct me.

Anthony

13. jaywill

thanks i get it :2thumbs:

14. draggsxr1000

Or run it anyways cause I'm. Poor as hell. Or raise fuel pressure. Cause its still got the factory regulator on it