1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

my car has a demon in it!!! please help me

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by lilblucoupe, Jun 30, 2007.

1. lilblucoupe

i have a 92 coupe with a 306 afr185's,holley systemax intake,big fuel system,42lb inj,big air 90mm maf,PTK t-64 converted to blow thur,and a built AOD. my problem is it doesn't want to start, cold it starts fine but let it run 20-30 seconds..... and it's a bitch to start.... whats the deal????? my tuner is really good at tuning cars and he's not sure either the whole setup only has about 800miles on it, do i need to just drive it a while, and spark plugs are another issue it has 3924 autolite in it now but i think my afr papers say run a 3922 for a boosted app.... any ideas would be greatly appriciated, thanks

2. lilblucoupe

anyone??????

3. D347643

does it crank?? Have you tried holding the pedal to the floor while cranking to cut off the fuel?? Those 42's are a lot bigger than stock 19's

4. lilblucoupe

yes it cranks fine and i have held it to the floor and only if i have been cranking a while does that help

5. PEARL MUSSIN

When I ran EFI and 42's I had to hold the gas to the floor to start the car every time. The computer still thinks it has 19 @ start up and is flooding the motor a bit.

Jeremy