1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

water/meth injection,Snow Performance,AIS,or AEM?

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Procharged GTA, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Procharged GTA

I have a 100% daily street engine,it is a 383 sbc and I am wondering who's to go with,all of them sound good,but I have read a lot of post from Rodney at AIS and he sure sounds like he knows his stuff. The Snow Performance system is $398.00 for a stage 2 progressive system,the AEM is $395.00 for a progressive system and the fender mount AIS system stage 1 system is about 280.00 with the optional gallon tank but it is not a progressive system. Do we need a progressive system for our application? Here is some details of our combo....

383 sbc
    Brodix IK180 aluminum heads
    Comp Cams NX276HR hyd. Roller nitrous/blower
    276/288 adv duration 224/234 duration .050" .512"/.527" lift 113* lobe Sep
    8.50-1 comp
    Magnuson MP122 hybrid roots supercharger around 7-8 lbs. Boost
    Quick Fuel Carb 750 mech. Secondary

This is going into a 2wd 1985 Chevy truck,700R4 transmission with 2500 stall PTC converter and 3.42 gears

We were thinking with a roots style supercharger as in this application,it would not need a progressive system.....

What would you run....thanks,Brian

2. Greg O

I have been very happy with AIS. Call Rodney and ask him what you need. He wont try to over sell you...

3. Procharged GTA

Thank you Greg....email]k[/email]email]n[/email]email]a[/email]email]h[/email]email]T[/email]