1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My Mach1 DIY S380 Build!

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by bdmach1, Aug 2, 2009.

1. bdmach1

Before I get to the details, just wanted to thank all the guys that have played a part in this so far. Gerry(G&L Motorsports), Mike(lofodo), Paul(twofast),and Terry and Shaun @ StreetLethal Performance and Joel@ Gadash Industries 8). I had been following the results of some of the builds on the forums for quite some time. I spent many hours reading on The Turbo Forums while I was off recovering from the multiple surgeries I had undergone the last few years. :( After getting well enough to get back to work, I was finally able to start gathering parts for my build for my 2003 Mach. The first thing on the list was the turbo. I was really impressed by the performance that people were getting outta of the Borg Warner/Bullseye turbos. I ended up scoring a Bullseye S380R from a member here on the boards(Thanks lazaris) :chacha: After patiently waiting for just the right deals to come up, I was finally ready to get the build underway. Here are the specs on the car so far.

Engine:
    aluminum block .020 over, Cp pistons, 17cc dish
    stock forged crank
    2003 Cobra/Mach1 castings, Ferrea valves, Crower springs, titanium retaners and locks
    Manley rods W/ sp-2000 bolts
    Ford GT super car cams
    2003 Mach1 intake ported
    Melling oil pump
    ATI damper
    Moroso pan

Turbo Kit
    Bullseye S380R w/ 1.10 hotside,87mm turbine wheel
    PTK turbo headers
    Ebay Intercooler 31"x12"x4"
    Tial 46mm wastegate
    Tial 50mm BOV

Here is a pic of the headers I used for the build,supposed to clear most tubular k-members. Sorry for the crappy camera phone pic!
    [​IMG]#ad

2. 99TTGT

Cool.
    I was wondering when you were going to start a tread about your build :2thumbs:
    Were did you got the headers from?

3. bdmach1

Here is the S380 sitting on its new mount.
    [​IMG]#ad

4. bdmach1

A guy in Florida, drag radial car. Josh Klugger.......You know him Randy???

5. bdmach1

Pic of the merge/T4 flange.
    [​IMG]#ad

6. 99TTGT

looks good .
    Is the hood going to close?
    Also were are you going to put the waste gate?
    Did you change the timming cover?

7. bdmach1

Thanks! The hood closes, got plenty of hood clearence. I got a 98 cobra timing cover, haven't changed it though.....motor has to come out and figure out what wrong with it!!! :bang: The wastegate is located towards the drivers side of the timing cover.

Here is some pics of the crossover.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

From underneith......
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. 99TTGT

So you haven't routed the belt yet ?
    The motor plates looks awesome .!
    Did you built those?

9. bdmach1

No, didn't route the belt yet because timing cover not switched over yet. But we did verify that there would be no issues with the belt routing in relationship to the turbo mount. The motor plate are from Bridge racing, got those from Josh along with the Howe radiator when I was having fitment issues with the headers and my PA Racing k-member.

10. 99TTGT

I knew they look familiar.<plates>
    So you took over most of his parts.?
    Can't wait to see that thing run..!
    The turbo looks great.
    What are the specs?

11. bdmach1

Some of them..........Josh ran a 5.4 in his Mach. Also he ran a GT47-88 I believe, so I really didn't have much use for his crossover,T6 flange and all..... Just used the headers,the radiator, and the motor plates, which we had to modify because they were made for a 5.4 motor! :welder:

12. 99TTGT

do you have the T6 crossover somewhere?

13. bdmach1

sure do, all we did was cut the v-band flanges off the very end of it.

14. 99TTGT

Can you send me a pic of it?
    Fowar facing turbo placement or side ways?

15. bdmach1

Turbo placement was sideways, I pmed you a pic of the old crossover! 8)

16. bdmach1

Here is a pic of my heap that all the fab work is being done to!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. 99TTGT

sweet ride bro.!
    I like your wheels, I use to run the same ones.

18. bdmach1

Thanks man.......not my wheel of choice, but got a smokin deal on them! :chacha: Here is some pics of the new Howe radiator and fan assembly mounted inside the core support.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. bdmach1

Pic of the turbo mount with merge fabbed up......compliments of twofast!!! :2thumbs:

[​IMG]#ad

20. bdmach1

Here are some pics of the coldside!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad