1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

mustang roll cage / door bar question - please help!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by niceguynick50, Oct 17, 2009.

1. niceguynick50

I am trying to find out what I can do with the door bars on my car to keep it legal at the track and also be easy for everyday use as far as getting in and out of the car. I don't want to do the regular swing out option because when they are out the chasis won't work the same do to being less rigid. Years ago I was at Maple Grove and I talked to a guy with the sweetest door bar option I've seen to date. It had a door bar that was 4-6" off the floor at the main hoop like a road race style door bar. that was fulley welded with no detachable parts at the main hoop or footwell so it was easy for him to get in and out of, but also had a bolt-in bar that bolted in shoulder height at the main hoop and and met with the lower door bar where it also bolted in so it would meet that criteria. I have been looking for this setup for some time and found nothing. He claimed it was legal as his car ran 11:30s at the time I saw it. Is this still legal and where can I get it?

2. 86lxnotch

im not 100% sure what your sayin on this other guys car but the door bar has to cross you body between your shoulder and elbow so that actually gives you a good bit of leeway. how big of a guy are ya? my car is setup for me and im right at 6' and 160lbs. my buddy who is 6'4 and 325lbs can still get in w/o to much trouble