1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

twin scroll or quick spool valve?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 96b.boy, May 12, 2011.

1. 96b.boy

i've been changing my set up around alot.and here's were it stands rite now mp t76 q trim 1.0 a/r ,the engine is a soon to be fully built 4.2 9.25:1 comp v6 on e85 .it's sitting at the machine shop rite now .i plan on redoing my cross over in afew weeks once i get the short block back and not sure if i should go with the tried and true or go with the valve .

2. 302f150

Just what do you think a spool valve does? You need a twin entry turbine housing to use it. I don't see how the crossover pipe plays into a spool valve. You install it at the turbo flange on one side of a divided flange.

3. 96b.boy

the mp t76 is a twin scroll .the mp t70 i had before wasn't and i was either going to remake the cross over to take advantage of the twin scroll or keep it a open flange and add the quick spool valve

4. 72sat

what's your version of tried & true ? yes go with the valve,it's the quickest way to spool.

5. 302f150

Ah, I didn't realize you had two housings. I've seen videos of a quick spool valve and I believe it spools quicker than the traditional twin scroll. I've actually considered getting the machine shop at the school to make me a quick spool valve. You could make it electric and keep it disabled during normal driving. A twin scroll is kind of a compromise imo.

6. 96b.boy

thanks for the input after sleeping on it she'll be getting a vavle

7. Turbofox89

I've herd from a lot of people that they are well worth doing if it's a street car!