1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Multiport sequential injection for offbrand engine

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by SpeedyBuick, Aug 19, 2023.

1. SpeedyBuick

My particular engine was never offered with fuel injection and by the time port fuel injection was offered on a V8 Buick it was a corporate engine aka sbc.

I have an intake with injectors bungs for each port. I want to go with multiport sequential injection.

Buick 5 liter max HP 600. Obviously will be running forced induction.
    This engine is same configuration as the 3.8 GN platform but with 2 more cylinders.

What are my options?

2. B E N

If you really wanted to homebrew something you could run an A9L processor off of an early 90s mustang, entire harness, all required sensors. Repin the harness to adapt to the Buick firing order. Probably the cheapest route -if- you can find the parts in a yard, I don't think they are common anymore. Chances are good everything required to make it run fits except the distributor.

One of the many Holley systems could do it plug and play. This would be the most user friendly.

I would just go megasquirt... It's pretty much designed for this application. Sort of between the other two solutions.

TTF/Ken and Wallace like this.
  3. Wallace

I like the megasquirt product as well and it's affordable. You can get most of the supporting hardware from the junkyard.

ummduh likes this.
  4. SpeedyBuick

Yeah, I'm liking what I'm reading about Megasquirt 3. That's most likely the way I'll go. We have a great tuner not far from me so that will help.