1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

muffler and 2step question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 92turbolx, Apr 29, 2007.

1. 92turbolx

was wondering if anyone has used the dynatech splitflow race mufflers on their turbo cars. it is a straight through design but i have never heard them. i don't really care for the dynomax sound so looking at alternatives. how are you guys setting up to run on the 2step, i have been told not to use them on a turbo setup or blowers either, i know lots of guys are doing it but i heard it can cause damage, i don't recall exactly what though. any info would be great, thanks

2. Blown347hatch

Subscribing.....those mufflers have always looked interesting to me.

3. 92turbolx

from what everyone says as far as straight through design, they should work but i would like some feedback first.

4. ShaneH

Whoever told you not to run a 2 step is a moron.

5. Robert1320

X2

Stay away from chambered muffler (flowdisasters).
    Hooker Aero, Dynomax, ect...

6. Blown347hatch

Robert1320: I have also been considering Dynomax Superturbos because of how quiet they are. Do-able?

7. Robert1320

Dynomax Superturbos I do like them.
    At some size, I forget, the in and out pipe get bigger but no the pipe inside the muffler does not.
    Check the specs before buying.
    I run the 6" round on most of my stuff, 4" or 5" in and out.
    Not really daily drivers....

8. Turbocharged88LX

anyone using a single 4" dynomax bullitt on there set-up

9. Pro Stock John

I have been, it's loud. I put a Splitflow on and hope it sounds less like open headers.

10. Cobra93

11. TwoFastT3s

Single Borla XR-1 3 1/2", sounds great.

Nate

12. RobT27

Does anybody know if the Bassani(sp) mufflers are chambered or straight thru?

13. stretchb

i just put a 3.5in bullet into tailpipes and it sounds like trash..too loud 4 me.

14. trthrrt489

Why not run a cutout?

15. white95v6

the hooker Max Flow is a Straight through design. and its super quite. i Love mine.

16. flyinhillbilly

i'm using a 5" dynomax bullitt on mine. i put it in the press and made an oval out of it for clearance reasons. it's very quiet and i love it.
    &eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Estreettostrip%2Ecom%2Fcontent%2Fview%2F58%2F40%2F[/url]
    my car is a little over a minute into the video, red pontiac grand prix vs the orange 72 camaro.

17. papis408w

I'm about to order a dynomax 4"Ultra Flo. For $42 I can't go wrong if I don't like it. It'll make a nice coffee can