1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

mspnp gen2 for 94-95must gt questions

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mikeg, Sep 1, 2013.

1. mikeg

mspnp gen2 questions
    [HR][/HR]i just recieved my system and have a few questions.
    1. To use boost control i use pin #1 of db15? yes / no
    2. To use launch control i use pin #9? yes / no
    3. To use wideband i use pin #14? yes / no
    4. Do i have to wire iat into #10 or does it connect automatically?
    5. setting up timing can you set base timing at 16degrees and just change trigger angle in ts to 16
    6. in timing tables is the number you set the amount added to base or the total amount of timing in engine(example if base timing is 16 and timing table says 20 in a field is timing(16+20)=36 degrees at that point or 20)
    7. i can not find launch control or boost control settings in ts. do i have to have it hooked up to ecu for these to populate?

thanks
    mike garrett
    270-977-4433
    76mm mp turbo on3 kit

2. mikeg

Anyone?

3. Matt Cramer

Yes.

It's connected automatically. Pin 10 is there for a couple other applications that don't use IATs from the factory.

I would use a lower base timing number, typically around 10 degrees, as the MSPNP can't back the timing off to less than base timing.

Always confirm with a timing light with the SPOUT in.

The timing tables are absolute. If it says 20 degrees, you should see 20 degrees with a timing light (assuming no trim tables are changing it, such as Cold Advance).

The launch control input comes in on the FLEX pin, and boost control is on PA0.

4. mikeg

the disk i recieved does not apear to the propper base maps for a 5.0 mustang. Where are these located on disk.

5. Matt Cramer

6. mikeg

thanks for your help matt. i got it figured out. for anyone else new to this stuff. when you upload the disk the base map for your application is in my documents/ tunerstudio projects. when you click on your application in that folder it will open up tuner studio with your maps loaded. then you go to new project and pick your application. in my case it was mspnp2 and your off and running. appears pretty simple once a few simple questions were resolved. again thanks matt