1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

XFI 2.0 on L31 vortec

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by purf_man, Aug 5, 2013.

1. purf_man

So I gave up trying to tune my L31 black box ECU on the 350 L31 in my s10. I am thinking of some turbos (started messing with some header fabbing) and knowing I would need more fuel ordered a super victor EFI intake and rails and scored a deal on a used XFI 2.0 box (and a 426 HEMI efi intake and distributor)

So looking at my options for ignitions I thought about using the stock crank trigger setup but would like to run a better timing set and a better timing cover. I was looking at the XFI crank triggers and they look to use the vortec rank sensor....can someone confirm this? If so could an XFI expert tell me if I could use the stock crank pickup for now (since the sensor is located in the same place I could change over easily down the road)

I am assuming I could use the vortec distributor as a cam sensor too?

Is there a way to output my VSS to the dash from the XFI?

between the sensor swapping, running EV6 injectors, a couple cut wires (the shielded crank/cam wires and some power wires) I am debating just building a new harness ($40 for some new ECU plugs and reuse some housings I have with new pins off a donor GM harnes)

2. TurboNova

You can use the Vortech crank and cam signals. You will just need to verify the crank sensor reference angle.

3. purf_man

I am sure it will work but I was looking for pinout info on how to hook it up. The FAST stuff seems to prefer you to buy a premade harness to plug in everything but they don't offer one for this application so I will need to build my own (no biggie) I have the pinouts on the FAST box form the manual but they don't go into much detail about hooking up things to it (not exactly like the megamanual)

4. TurboNova

It would be pretty easy, just look up the wire schematic in the FAST help menu. Wire it up to the hall or mag input the one you are using. Loop the opposite.
    I believe that is a hall effect crank pickup so it will wire to the discrete signal in the FAST. You can look up the factory wire schematics for it.