1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

mspnp gen2 for 94-95 mustang or holley hp efi what you like?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mikeg, Jul 29, 2013.

?

mega squirt or holley hp efi?

1. mega squirt

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. holley hp efi

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. mikeg

trying to decide between these 2. which is easier to tune with? Any dependablity issues with either?

2. Matt Cramer

They're a bit different animals - our closest competitor to the Holley HP would be the MS3-Pro, with the MSPNP being a simpler ECU designed for easy installation on a stock harness. The idea behind the MSPNP is that you'd just unplug the stock ECU, plug the MSPNP in, plumb up a MAP line, and you're ready to start tuning right then and there. The Holley HP EFI is designed to be something you'd rewire the car for, although it has more inputs and outputs (the same is true of the MS3-Pro).

Both of them use very similar 3D tuning tables - if you're familiar with one, you can pick up tuning the other pretty quickly.

3. mikeg

Thanks for the reply Matt. I do not care if I have to rewire car or not. I would prefer not to unless necessary. I have an r331 with tea305 heads tf intake and f cam. 76mm MP Turbo. Its more streetcar. Does autotune on yours work real-time as in after tune is close you can set target Afr and it will adjust itself

4. Matt Cramer

Yes - you'll need the registered version of TunerStudio (around $60 at Tunerstudio.com) to unlock this feature, as it's on the laptop side instead of running in the ECU.

5. mikeg

what is the difference between ms2v357 pnp and the mspnp gen2 for 94-95mustang

6. Matt Cramer

The only thing they really have in common is the processor; they're completely different boards inside. The MS2 V3.57 PNP package is just basic fuel, ignition, and idle speed control (and fans, on a '94-'95). The MSPNP adds knock sensor input, launch control, boost control, real time barometric correction, peak and hold injector drivers, a 4 bar MAP sensor, and a couple other extras.

7. mikeg

do the stock gauges continue to work with mspnp gen2? If you are using laptop running autotune does it save changes made or do you have to run lap top with system at all times or is there away to save corrections made by autotune? Thanks for the replies

8. Matt Cramer

Yes.

The corrections can be saved to both the ECU internal memory and the laptop's hard drive. It's a good idea to keep both; that way if you make a mistake tuning, you can get back to where you were quickly.

9. 1hcam

Fwiw.... I love my MS3!

10. mikeg

if i have a turbosmart eBoost EBC will the ms control the solenoid or do i need the ms specific solenoid

11. yellowpony

Both will work, I am partial to the HP though, plus you get the ratty stock wiring out of the car and clean it up a little bit. Some of the best datalogging capabilities short of a race pak, and the touch screen is a nice feature. If you want check my build thread for information on the setup if you like.

Anthony

12. Matt Cramer

It should work with most boost solenoids out there.