1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rotating housings on Holset turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Live for TAs, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Live for TAs

I know on the Garrett turbos you can rotate the housings for your install (so the oil feed & drain stay vertical), but it looks like on the Holsets (H1E, HX35 or 40) you cannot do this based on the pics I've seen of them. If this is wrong, I'd like to know since I am looking at a Holset for my next custom install.

2. mfpmax

3. CW25

You can rotate them.

4. Live for TAs

Thanks for the quick answer.

5. FknBadFkr

they rotate fine, but you have to fight the dern snap ring for the compressor side...you take off the front housing and the turbin housing and remove the little rol pins they use to locat them...then reasseble in the possition you like............Hal