1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MSD Launch Controller Questions/ Digital 7

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Juiced5o, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Juiced5o

I've looked on MSD's website and in there catalog,
    1. Can you, or has anyone been sucessful with a Digital 7 or a 7535 on the street
    2. Does the Launch boost controller need a Digital 7 or will it work with a BTM 6 series
    3. Does the Launch controller come with everything to put it on the car, How does it hook up to a wastegate.

Thanks for any help guys..........Mikey

2. Demon_Spawn

launch controller comes with eveything but map sensor and laptop can be driven on street along with the digital 7

3. turbostang

Somewhere on their site it says NOT to run the digi7's on the street - something about they run too hot. Although we've successfully ran them with no problems.

4. Juiced5o

I really didn't want to chance it.........I've heard the same thing about the digital 7 boxes. I called MSD and talked to a tech, and he says I can still run the BTM 6 series box with the 7562, So I ordered one from Jegs this morning. :chacha:

The car get driven way too much to worry about a 7 box on the next Dragweek in Sept.

5. Blown347hatch