1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MSD 8456 Distributor for my EFI 363 with Holley HP ECU...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Joeyman, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Joeyman

2. Hemann

I am not as familiar with the Holley unit as I am the Fast XFI but I would say that is the wrong dizzy. That is for a TFI dizzy. The Holley is going to use IPU pickup I believe.

What motor 302 base or 351? What intake? Billet cam?

3. TomR

The Holley uses the TFI if he wants, but it has a ground loop issue that might bite him on the arse.

I run a Holley with a stock Ford TFI dizzy in my 363 and, after fixing the ground loop issues, it pulls almost 8K flawlessly. I bought a FAST dual sync dizzy, but it was a half inch short on the pump drive and the shaft was supposed to be .467 dia but was .464. That made the steel gear (which is standard at .467) fit loose.

The fix was pretty simple in my car. I cut the black power lead off the battery and grounded it to the body shell near where Ford grounded the stock EEC, in the passenger side kick panel. Before doing that the rev limiter would pop like heck, and I could not pull past 6k on the dyno. By moving that ground the RPM limiters cleaned up, and I can pull as high in RPM as I want. I can pull 7800 RPM or so without missing a beat with the Ford TFI dizzy and a CD ignition similar to the MSD 6AL. No issues at 20 psi boost.

4. blown385

just go CNP now .

it would only be about $300 more than that distributor .