1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ms2 pnp mustang req fuel question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Cregger, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Cregger

Helping a friend tune his mustang with ms2 pnp. The car is currently turbo so we changed the injectors to 630cc dekas. I went and changed the req fuel settings and then the dead time. I started to tune the VE map and noticed that the VE numbers in the cells are higher that I think they should be. I find it hard to believe that pumping efficiency at idle is around 70% at 14.0 afrs and over 100% at 101kpa. I changed the req fuel number manual til I felt like the VE at idle was more believable(30ish). Was it ok for me to do that? Has anybody ran into this?

2. racerron67

yes it is ok to change the required fuel to make the VE no. more manageable (real). i had that happened to me. for some reason i had the engine size wrong (to small) and by 3500 rpm my ve map was maxed out at 255.

3. Cregger

well that makes me feel better. thanks for the reply!