1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MS2 PNP ford racing 60lb injector deadtime

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Cregger, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cregger

can somebody help me out? looking for the deadtime for ford racing 60lb injectors. im assuming the are really deka injectors. some things ive seen said between .8 and 1.0 and others things ive seen said its around .380 to .4. right now i have them at .550 and have the car idling ok but i fell like it can be better. still have some surging when the coolant fan kicks on. thanks!!

2. racerron67

You can actually perform a low injector dead time test. It involves lowering the dead time until the engine stops running. So let's say you have it at 6 millie seconds keep Lower it one hole number. So go to five. And let's say it cuts out at 4 ms bump it up to numbers which would be six and leave it there . The surging possibly can be coming from your voltage correction when your fans Kick In it lowers the voltage. under ignition settings. You'll see dwell battery correction.

3. Cregger

sounds like a plan! thanks racerron

4. Cregger

5. racerron67

ok. what happens when the dead time is lower and the engine shuts off, this is the point where the injector can no longer close all the way before it has to open again, hence the fuel keeps spraying. makes sense.

6. Cregger

Yes sir! Thanks a lot