1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Base tune help for 351w turbo msq Megaquirt

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Damein17, May 15, 2020.

1. Damein17

Ive been trying to get a base tune on my 351w 76mm turbo setup but so far its rich as hell and well horrible.
    Im basing the tune off my old turbo setup which was a 93 mustang with gt40 heads and gt40 intake. with same turbo except it was a 5 spd. the new setup is as follows

MegaSquirt PnP2 ecu built in map sensor
    95 351w roller motor
    185cc promax heads
    f303 cam
    80lb injectors
    edel brock intake
    msd dizzy
    70 mm throttlebody
    76mm ball bearing turbo
    built aod trans rated for 850 with 3200 locking anti ballooning converter
    Ballenger Motorsports AFR500v2
    450 fuel pump
    -6 an fuel line to and from
    edelbrock fuel rails
    93 octane

looking to range from 8-12psi

old setup was
    megasquirt pnp2 ecu built in map sensor
    93 302 roller motor
    gt40 heads
    gt40 intake
    60 lb injectors
    76mm ball bearing turbo same as on new setup
    stock cam
    stock throttlebody
    stock dizzy
    Ballenger Motorsports AFR500v2
    12 psi
    stock fuel lines
    stock fuel rails
    340 fuel pump
    stock t-5 trans
    93 octane

can anyone help me out and setup a base tune? i hate asking for help on it, but have no idea what im doing, and do not want to mess something up. i changed a few things but i thought i should stop before i hurt something. ill upload the tune and if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. if any other info is needed to help please let me know ill give all the info i know that is asked.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  2. Mnlx

Did you change the required fuel setting to match the new injectors?

3. B E N

Have you posted on the MS forums about this?

4. Damein17

yes i have, no responses atm, figured i post here also. hoping to get some help between the two

5. Damein17

yes i did, its set to 80 lb or 840cc

6. Armsport

without a datalog it is hard to tell what the car needs but here is a tune from a similar setup for now. its probably pretty fuel FAT up high but its cheaper to pull fuel out the burning up pistons. Look it over first. I used your tune and just put in spark, afr, and fuel tables

Attached Files:

87turbonotch likes this.