1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MS1 w/ MSD Dig7 problems...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Turbod_86_stang, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Turbod_86_stang

I read a while back about some people have issues with spark under load with their digital 6 or 7 modules and Megasquirt controllers. I have my mustang set up with MSD dig 7 for my spark and I feed the MS1 with the tach output from the MSD. When the car under load was hitting the upper RPM ranges under boost it would start cutting out and losing power. I read some old threads on here of people swapping out the digital MSD box for an analog 6al or something similar. Well I did that test on mine tonight with a 6a box I had laying around and it seems to have cured my problems under boost. My question is has anyone figured out or dealt with this issue and had resolution? Or is there something between the 2 that are causing interference? I really like the features in the dig 7 so I need some suggestions before I scrap it all together.

2. Matt Cramer

Can you post a data log of what's happening and a copy of your tune file? This will give me more to go on.

3. Turbod_86_stang

I called MSD and they gave me the part number of a shielded pickup cable to use on my dig7. Im going to reroute my cable as far away as i can from any other cables and test again. Thanks for reply.

4. blown385

I hope it works for you .

I had the same issue with Holley EFI and my 7531 . shielded pick up didnt work , but I didnt spend much time trying to fix it, just went with the ls coils and called it a day.

there was noise all over the rpm signal , and every now and then , it would shutter like detonation .