1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ms1 v3.0 launch control question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1BadV6ThirdGen, Jul 5, 2010.

1. 1BadV6ThirdGen

ok so i setup launch control on the camaro my questions are

how hard is it on the turbo ?
    right now i have it setup like this

variable launch off
    start in retard at 1,900 rpms
    hard limit at 2,400 rpms
    retard to 2*
    takes less then a second to get to 7 psi even though my max is 5 psi atm due to a clutch issue in the higher rpms

it works great except for one thing i cant keep it below the hard limit if i go wot on the launch contro it gets to about 3,200 rpms which is higher then id like it to launch with a stock ds and no driveshaft loop is there anyway i can get this lower without pulling more timing out its shooting flames and spins up the turbo just about instantly as it is now l

2. 1BadV6ThirdGen

actually i have it set to -2* or 2* atdc would changing this to say 6* atdc help keep the rpm at the hard rpm limit or is there another way

heres a video of how well it works now but u can still hear the motor get past the hard rpm limit