1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MS Launch Control Guidance: Please Help

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1BAD6T6, Nov 11, 2011.

1. 1BAD6T6

I'm headed to the 1/4 mile for the first time in my life. :chacha: I'll be heading to Beech Bend, KY. I've been looking at my datalogs and working on my launch control settings to try and build more boost on the line. Currently the best I can generate is a little more than 1psi. Anthony (yellowpony) has given me some great feedback already. Thank you, sir! :cheers: I wanted to throw this out here in the EFI forum to get additional feedback. My current settings are:

Launch retard above: 2300 RPM
    Retard to: 15* (pulls from 30*)
    Enable Launch when TPS above: 15%
    Launch hard limit: 2500 RPM
    Cut X Sparks: 5
    from Y events: 7

Do these settings for the launch control look correct? Is this as good as I'm going to get? I've talked to a few guys that can build 4-6psi in neutral. I can't build more than 1psi. A couple guys have told me that it could be my gears causing too much multiplication and won't let me stall at a higher RPM. I'm running a PTC 3500. Any more than 2500 RPM and I'm pushing through the brakes.

Thanks,
    Shaun

2. ashford

take more timing out try 5-10. if you are running a dizzy or sequential ingnition you can go to atdc numbers(negative in ms). wasted spark and bigger cams tends to pop through the intake with anything less than 5-10. a friends srt4 can make 14 psi in neutral with negative numbers

3. brianj5600

Do you have ego correction turned off below 2600rpm?

4. Disney Lincoln

How did it go?!!

5. 1BAD6T6

Awful! Didn't break so it can't be that bad I suppose. Take a look at the video I posted on my build thread. Let me know if you can hear the stumbling. It happens at the top of first and second. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Disney!

6. noturbo82

This thread is a little old, but try putting retard to:-10 or -15. On my car(6cyl with a tiny turbo, manual transmission) boost would build very slowly to 4-6psi or so when retarding to +15 degrees, changing that to -10 made a HUGE difference, making 12-14(where the gate was set) was no problem and happened quick. The sound is much more violent at -10.