1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SDS accel pump function. HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by TORQUERULES, Aug 18, 2006.

1. TORQUERULES

Well I had my Mag. Pos. set at 66 and it was 1 degree off on the damper at idle and 3 degrees off at 3000 rpm, so instead of adjust it with the distributor, I just upped the Mag. Pos. to 69 and it is just right. I had originally set the Mag. Pos. on 69 and thought it looked right, but then lowered it to 66 when I got to thinking about what the SDS instructions were getting at (for my full-harness Ford system). Do you think it is okay doing it like this?

Also, I need some help with my accel. pump function. It is way too touchy with my high compression 342 with solid roller cam and 85mm Accufab race throttle body. As I ease out on the clutch and try to give it just a little throttle it starts to buck badly, then I have to goose it a little to make it quit and it just hammers me back into the seat and is absolutely rediculous taking the throttle. :) I mean it GOES! Any tips on tuning this function so that I don't wreck and kill myself? Ha! Ha!

Thanks!

2. TORQUERULES

TO THE TOP.

3. TORQUERULES

Well I messed with the MAP and RPM values and it seemed to help. Still could use some advice.

(Where I started)

(Where I am now)

4. slow_svo

Well man whats the accel settings?

I want to say the low rpm accel is like 1750 and below. The high is the rest of the range. The sense just determines how quickly it reacts.

Not sure what else to say it's a pretty basic funtion. On my car I have the sense at 4 the low at 10 and the high is 13. Just to give you and idea.

5. TORQUERULES

Thanks. I am at 8-17-12 now. I might try yours.

6. slow_svo

Any updates on this?

7. seirra

just move the acell low around till you hit the sweet spot ussually shannon sends them on the rich side and it dumps too much fuel in on the tip in.

8. TORQUERULES

I still have a slight stumble between 2000-3000rpm at part throttle cruise and when the engine goes to high vacuum just off idle, but I have made it better by fiddling with the MAP and RPM curves. My MAP curve isn't as pretty as it once was. It still needs more work but it is much better. I have the ACCEL sense set at 4 the LOW at 14 and the HIGH at 8 right now as well.

The car is super strong though. I mean fast as hell for what little tuning I have done. Right now the data logging shows WOT to fall between 12.7-12.5 and part throtte cruise is in the 13s.

9. slow_svo

The slight stumble at part throttle cruise sucks. Have to checked the 02 reading at the point where it stumbles?

I was having the same problem with mine. I ended up buying an innovate wbo2 and just using that and not dynoing I must say i've changed things for the better alot. I found out the car wouldn't even hold 6k rpm without some boost. Sounds dumb but why would I ever rev it that high and not be boosting. I ended up having to add fuel all across my rpm and took it away from the map side. The car now cruises better and my stumble at part throttle is gone.

Only insight I have on your current issue. Good luck.

10. TORQUERULES

How much did you take from the MAP side and how much did you add to the RPM side (percent/amount)? Thanks!