1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MPVI Pro datalogging

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Disney Lincoln, May 27, 2021.

1. Disney Lincoln

Anyone here well versed in HP Tuners? I have a MPVI1 Pro. I am trying to set it up for logging without the laptop. I know it CAN work as i've done it before a few years ago. For some reason I cannot get it to work now. I did just get the latest Beta version of VCM Scanner, but even running the older software it doesn't work. I've read up as much as I know how to but I don't know the longo very well and my searches aren't showing anything.

I'm doing exactly what is shown in this video:

Once I write config, I dosconnect from the laptop. Power cycle the vehicle, then start up and drive. I press and hold Rec button and the light comes on. I press and hold Stop and the Busy light comes on then goes off. I plug the VI back into the laptop and click Get Info. At that point it shows 0% used and no logs. No idea what i'm doing wrong.

2. B E N

Not familiar with the MPVI1, I started after the 2 came out but the people on the board (forum.hptuners.com) are usually pretty helpful. There are several HP employees that watch it as well. I know they were doing a trade in program at one time, I do not know the details. I do most of my logging by USB, but the new ones will log to bluetooth so there are a lot more options.

3. Disney Lincoln

Thanks, Ben. I just posted the question on the forum. I did search on the forum a bit and didn't see my exact issue. I saw similar issues, but none were ever answered. WE'll see.