1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

mp q trim t76 or 80mm gt45 for LT1

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Boosted Thrills, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Boosted Thrills

which one would work best. currently its a stock long block and will stay that way for a while. I can see going to a 383 with 195 trickflows in the future.

id like to stick with t4 housing. its going in a body dropped s10 blazer, packaging is tight. 3.5" or 4" down pipe will fit.

will the q trim wheel flow enough air? how much bigger is the GT turbine?

2. Mnlx

The gt45 turbine is quite a bit larger with a 87/77mm turbine compared to the Q trims 68mm exducer. I say gt45, especially if you plan to go 383, or even good heads on the 350, and even that may be small depending on your goals with the 383. The Q trim is marginal on even a stock LT1.... but also depends on your goals, and setup.

3. fastspec2

The gt45 will make alot more total power, the turbine side will flow 25-30% more air at least (depending on how close the chinese housing are to ones we have for flow numbers). But unless you going racing, the q trim on the street is a ton of fun. Way faster spool and a lot lower threshold. I'd run the q trim, at least to start.

4. Boosted Thrills

I forgot to mention this earlier but it is a manual 6 speed trans

I just done want a TON of exhaust backpressure, my gut is telling me the q trim will be fine under 15lbs of boost on the stock long block