1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need advice on a stall convertor!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Machwon1, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Machwon1

I have a 1979 mustang. I drive it to the track about 20 mins one way. I am looking to get a good stall convertor. I have a c4 rebuilt to hold 500-550 HP. No transbrake. I want to be able to build boost on the line heres is the combo!! The transmission is a c-4

79 stock short block
    performer rpm intake
    performer rpm cam
    1969 351 heads
    gt35 turbo 68 A/R 450-550 hp running 12lbs of boost
    stock rockers
    c-4
    8.8 with a set of 3.31 gears
    slicks and skinnies
    car has no back seat no bumpers no heater no sound deadening no front sway bar has summit racing seats so the car is light prolly abotu 2500-2800.

2. ultimatelenny

Hi, looking at the info provided and what your driving plans are, I would recommend a 10" race piece built to stand up to the torque output of your turbo. It should stall approx 34-3600 and being a 10" it should have enough fluid capacity to lock up and load the turbo for consistant boost as well as maintaining a safe operating heat range for your fluid. The 10" will also have terrific street manners if configured correctly. I would also recommend this approx stall because of the fact that it is a stock block and should not see over 6500 rpm, if that high, again your converter builder will need a lot more info on your paricular combo to make sure you get a converter that you are comfortable with and does what you need. Hope this helps you out.

3. blown385

His converter builder should be you . ;)

4. 86lxnotch

lenny is the best, i have 2 converters from him, 1 new for my car and 1 he went through that went in my womans turbo 6 and both work perfect