1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

where to mount o2 sensors?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by vbstng, Apr 27, 2010.

1. vbstng

i have a 91 mustang single turbo, single exhaust, ive heard in each header and also heard in the downpipe? which is better?

2. rdakota340

I put mine about 16 inches from the turbo in the down pipe and that is what I have read also!

3. vbstng

both of them right next to each other? what about the two sensors plus a wideband sensor?

4. rdakota340

Put them in a triangle so they all get good exhaust across them and you will be good!

5. Wild83C10

Can you splice the two stock O2 sensor connectors together and just have them read the run sensor? Then just put your WB on the opposite side.

6. rdakota340

7. Wild83C10

Why would that not work?