1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How to stick an air filter on a bell mouth inlet?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by duplox, Sep 13, 2005.

1. duplox

I just bought this turbo:
    -dead link removed-

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to stick a filter on this bad boy? I just bought it over the interweb so I've yet to receive it; I'm not sure if the bell mouth is permanently attached to the compressor cover. If it can be removed, I'll probably do that since its easy!

I was thinking perhaps big clamp and a hose would work. It would only see vacuum.

Also, if anyone would care to venture a guess as to who made this thing, I'm all ears. I just bought it because it 'looked' about right for my application - large T4. If you zoom in on the outlet of the compressor housing in the first pic, there are some numbers there. I believe it says "6780 BPS". Precision etches a similar number in their turbos, but this one has an .81 a/r turbine, not 80?
    heres a picture:
    -dead link removed-

and a few more general pictures to help you out:
    -dead link removed-

2. Unatural

The only way I can see putting anything on there would be a turbo screen. I know it's not a filter, but depending on how much you're planning on driving it on the street, it won't matter. It almost looks like you can take that bellmouth off from the side view, but looking into the intake, it doesn't look like you can.:shrug: