1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

motor mount fitment problem

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by cravens02, Jul 21, 2012.

1. cravens02

I got a upr k-member with energy suspension motor mounts I was installing the motor down in the car and could not get them pins into the square slot I could get one side in but never both sides in at the same time, anyone else have this problem? if you did what did you do to get them in?

Im thinking of cutting off the tabs on the mounts will this cause any problems?

2. 32V

I had the same issue with their poly mounts with the QA-1 K-member. I had a extra set of Maximum Motorsports solid mounts laying around and they didnt give me any issues.

3. stangman9897

They won't fit , you can grind the tab off or just put a new stock mount in it. Thats what i did on my D/D its only 400hp and the turbo car i have solid mounts. Plus they made mine sit higher and my aftercooler on the supercharger hit the hood , i have not had any problems with the stock one's at that power level and i drive it hard .

4. cravens02

this is a turbo car Im hopeing to lay down 800 or so if not owell as long as it gives me the et Im looking for. Will it give me any prolems with cutting of them tabs?

5. 99TTGT

you will have to modify them to fit.<cut and grind>
    This is what we call in the industry "DIRECT BOLT ON..."
    Why not just put some solid ones and be done for good with them?

6. stangman9897

For that power i would go with the solid mount. I use them on my twin kit to keep the motor from pulling on the piping and causing leaks. At 800hp it would tear up a stock mount .

7. cravens02

their the poly mounts bought a kit for motor and trans, how much better would it be with solid mounts

8. 99TTGT

never had any issues with the solid motor mounts. Did not notice any difference in ride..

9. cravens02

good ill use the poly ones for now just got them and dont feel like geting a nother set as of right now lol