1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Most effecient way to hook up all my vaccuum lines?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 95gtvert[bv12], Oct 19, 2004.

1. 95gtvert[bv12]

i need a diagram or someone to tell me how to hook up everything with the vaccum lines. The GM boost solenoid which has 2 vaccuum line ports, turbo, wastegate, intake, etc etc. If anyone can tell me how to hook up all this crap the most efficient way that would be great. Thanks :)

2. 95gtvert[bv12]

3. Disney Lincoln

You will haev to lay out for yourself what all needs to see vacuum, and what needs to be check valve'd. Then you need to lay out all possible vacuum sources. Then lay out where everything is in the engine compartment in relation to each other. Some things to keep in mind are, that you really want to try to keep the FPR on its own manifold vacuum signal, so thers less chance of antoher hose popping off or breaking and you losing FP at the wrong time. The BOV and Wastegates can generally run off the same port from the manifold. The brakes require a larger line, so that can be tied in by itself, or with a PCV (which will need a checkvalve). The interior HVAC controls will need a chackvalve also.

4. Dustyn5.02.5

I was told that I should have put my bov and wastegate on seperate lines.

5. 95gtvert[bv12]

anyone who has the GM boost solenoid. How did you hook that up?

6. gt40_5.0

what is the interior HVAC?? is that the egr crap??

7. Dustyn5.02.5

I am 90% percent sure the interior Hvac system is for various trap doors that are in the ducting system letting hot air in or venting cold air things like that. These all work off engine vaccum.

8. Disney Lincoln

Separate lines, yes, but I think they can both run of the saem PORT off the manifold, then split the line into two lines, one can go to the BOV and the other to the WG or boost controller. If you haev everything on a separtate line...you will have nothing but a shitload of vacuum ports all over the intake. It will look like and old school Saleen/Vortech intake with all the bosses on the side with vacuum hoses all over it.

9. Disney Lincoln

That'd be the one :D

10. gt40_5.0

where the hell is it.... i dont recall seing that when i took apart my motor......

11. Disney Lincoln

It goes into the firewall, behind the motor. On mine, its kinda behind the dr. side VC.

12. Lordviper13

first off do you have AC or heat in your car, because if you don't have it you dont need your HVAC stuff. we actually took all the ducts wireing and blower out from under my friends dash, it had to go like 50 lbs

13. gt40_5.0

i took the AC out but i still have the heater do i need that thing for the heater? i remember what you are talking about now its like a little black piece?