1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

hey everybody..

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by IntenseDak66, Aug 27, 2004.

1. IntenseDak66

someone just showed me this forum... pretty cool

i use to have a couple turbo dodges...

first was a 1985 Shelby Charger that was a non intercooled T1 that i got to run 12.9 in the 1/4.

second is my 1998 Dakota Sport that i currently drive. I had build a little kit that held a TB0301 on the 3.9. Never ran it at the track but it was a blast to drive. As soon as i can get a good computer, i'll try to get some of my pix of it. Everything was built from scratch and most of it looked medival though.

currently my Dakota now has a stock compression 8.2:1 400 big block in it and i have been thinking of going the turbo route once again. I am gonna build headers for it instead of using the stock manifolds i have on there now and since i will be building them, i might as well have a little fun with it.

right now the BB has a few goodies on it but my mind changes on a daily basis on what it's gonna be.

2. 68Roadrunner

does the 400 still have the cast crank ?

3. 400dart

hey, intense dak, nice to see you made your way over---no turbo that thing will you?

4. lightningKILLR

welcome intense!!!:p

5. IntenseDak66

stock crank/pistons/rods/valves...

everything else has been changed.

thanx for the welcome guys... and yes chad, i have been thinking about it ever since i learned of the compression of this motor. Been thinking harder about it now that i did a compression check and found out that all the cylinders are within 3 psi of each other. Pretty tight for a stock 30 year old motor.