1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel Cell?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by TrxR, Jul 18, 2007.

1. TrxR

What style fuel cell should I run in my turbo 471 Street/strip Dakota project? Im wanting to use an aluminum one but should I get a one with a sump? What about baffels? Who makes a good one? I will be running a blowthrough using a belt driven pump. Also should I go with a 727 , th400 or 4l80e transmission? One last thing do you think 3.54 gears will be too much?

Thanks

2. Anthony Fury

Sump, baffles: all good things. Yes to both. Where will the tank be mounted? Something to consider with the belt driven pumps (from what I've read).

Based on everything I've picked up from Chrysler racers in the past 7 years, I think the only upside to a 727 is that it bolts to your block. Turbo 400 is cheap and strong....even when you factor in the cost of the special bellhousing (or plate or whatever), it still comes out ahead in a "1000HP" build I think. 4L80E is considerably more expensive, but SD Engineering sells a complete one for $3000, ready to bolt to a BB Chrysler.

3.54s sound okay to me - how much does your truck weigh? How tall are your tires? And so on and so forth.

3. TrxR

Im not sure on the complete weight or tire height yet:( but the tank will be mounted inside the frame rails back where the spare tire used to be. I am going to make sure that the botom of the tanks is higher than the pump.