1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

More power and new times

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by turbocuda, Jul 14, 2007.

1. turbocuda

Check out my new post over in the dyno/track time section...

2. TRNDZ

5.80 /124mph... I need me summa dat. How's that thing 60ft? what's the weight?
    Freeing up that backpressure makes a nice difference, hey? I put a set of Q trim wheels in and I'm very pleased with the results.
    Congrats... It's on the boogie!!!

3. Anthony Fury

That is seriously fast!!! Congrats! Maybe time for some MPT70s now huh? :D Oh - did you get bigger injectors? I recall you being on the edge of the set you had last time.

Quick hijack - hey Trendz - you goin to the track or what!? And elaborate on the difference the new housings made.

(End hijack)

4. turbocuda

It was a 1.39 60'..still boosting slow but probably helps hook the drag radials....atleast 3550 with me in it. and I only weigh 160lbs...

Ant,
    I am still on the siemens 72 lb units..did up the base pressure 5 psi...pulse width is seriosly maxed out up top at 25psi...but the air/fuel was less than 11.8 all the way through and 10.8-11.5 on the meat of the pulls. Got my mechanical belt drive pump to go on...Probably be able to get another 100 hp out the injectors then...Hve seen the 70mm wheels on sale, just need to get my housings machined..got to make sure though that they use the same shaft .

Going to try and get my 60' down to atleast mid-low 1.3's...should net low 5.70's to high 5.60's......there is still more though to be had on the track, only ran 20-22psi on those runs...

I feel the heads now will be my hold-up...25.psi sure sounds like a lot...hell maybe not?

5. Anthony Fury

I don't think 25 is bad at all - just keep an eye on your IATs and keep timing reasonable.

Search around for guys maxing out MP turbos - the big PRs is where they seem happy. (I don't think there are compressor maps for them.)