1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SALE!! 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 available & R Series

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Mod Mustang Racing, Jul 9, 2007.

1. coposrv

Re: New Product Release- 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 available

sounds like MMR is stepping it up again. :2thumbs: for the hardcore mod motored guys.

2. yoteehunter

Re: New Product Release- 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 available

Thank goodness someone finally has some 4v turbo cams. I read where you guys reground some 98 cobra cams for turbo app.??? I have some 96 mark VIII cams, would it be worth sending them to you to regrind or just buy the turbo cams outright? Shooting for 800rwhp.

3. bags50lx

Houston Performance has turbo cams for at least the last 4 years and they work awesome. I would like to try a set of the MMR ones to compare. once I can get the money together.

4. jinx44

I would be interested in your 2V Stage 2 or possibly 3 cams, but I would like to know the specs compared to the ones I have now. So I know how they will move my powerband around. Also to compare them to my head flow numbers.

5. JSTFORFN

Do the 3 valve cams work with the VCT or will it need to be diabled?

Which stage cam for this combo: 5.4 3 valve , small port work with valves, 9.2 compression, sheet metal intake, around 20 psi or whatever pump gas will allow for this combo, street driven so good manners are needed, however I would like a choppy idle. ( can go either way on turbo 80 mm t6 flange single or twin 57's I have both)

Thanks Mike

6. F8LVENM

Kinda off topic, but on your website you offer the machining to the Ford GT aluminum 5.4 block for a standard oil pump, and starter location. My question is do the piston oil squirters still function, or is there something more needed to make them functional?

Thanks,
    Ken

7. F8LVENM

In regards to my last Q....Will the piston squirters work as is? And why do you opt to plug them instead of make use of them?

On Topic!
    Are your turbo grinds regrinds, or ground from new cores?

Also how streetable are the stage 3 cams for a 4-valve? Motor will consist of P/P Ford GT heads w/oversized valves, Modifed Sullivan or 2000 R intake w/ custom plenum, and a resleeved for 358cid Ford GT aluminum 5.4 block with 9.0ish - 1 compression with twin Precision built GT35R dual BB turbos w/ full 3" downpipes, and seperate exhaust for the wastegates!

Thanks,
    Ken

8. F8LVENM

Damn Double Post.... :bang:

9. yoteehunter

Re: New Product Release- 2V, 3V and 4V Custom Turbo Cams by MMR Stages 1-3 avail

Can you please give me some information on the 4v cams. I have a remote mount set up, with my 2v set up it lags just a bit. I got a little bigger turbos than I need knowing I was going to go 4v. I really want to make 850rwhp and I plan on getting the cams and pistons from you pretty soon. I just dont know which set to get. I actually have long tube headers as well feeding the turbos in the back. My stock Non pi headed gt made 405rwhp with 8psi at 5800rpm. I need to reach probably 18-20psi to get 850rwhp on the 4v I would think. I was kinda thinking that if the stage 3's would help boost quicker, or let the motor rev a bit more to give it time to make boost then thats what I would go with. I have already built a short runner intake. What do you think I should do what is your recommendation???????? I want to do it right and hopefully make the power on lower boost levels, I just want my pistons to match my cam set-up, I do plan on degreeing the cams myself as well. Also the heads I will be running are ported on the exhaust side and are the 96-98 B-head style.