1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mopar rear D/A shock setting / I need some info

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Mike1965, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Mike1965

I have a 67 twin turbo dart with split mono's and assasin bars with Viking double adjustable shocks and my Q. is should i follow the settings that are recomemded by viking or are they not rite for a mopar , i believe that mopars with leafs separate on launch and other brands squat , so would the compression and rebound be backwards or am i backwards lol

2. rdakota340

3. rrandp88

What kind of power, weight, trans/converter, rear gear, slicks or radials? I have a 69 dart,400whp, 3100lbs, 727/4800stall that is too loose,4.57 gear, 325radial. 90/10's up front viking d/a rear in stock locations, b body mono's and caltracs. On a good prepped track i have run (10 compression, 10 rebound. Street or poor track prep 10 compression, 5-6 rebound. 10,10 is the farthest i have taken them, i will say the tighter they are so far the better the 60ft on good track (less wasted energy) bad track or street it goes up in smoke.