1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone running the FAST Dash logger?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by rlongo, May 6, 2013.

1. rlongo

I'm thinking of running the FAST digital dash logger in addition to my stock cluster, so I was curious if anyone has pictures of some mounting ideas. I would use the logger to log my runs, but also keep tabs on trans temp/water temp/boost/A/F etc, instead of using a bunch of analog gauges.

Thanks

2. 99TTGT

at the shop we use The Race pac.

any pics of dash logger?

3. rlongo

Let me dig one up. I would use the Race Pac if I was replacing my stock cluster, but my idea was to use the touch screen logger to provide digital gauges and provide logging/viewing without having to hook up my laptop to view it.

I looked online and can't seem to find a windsheild mount or roll bar mount for it. my thoughts would be to mount it like the SCT Livewire.

4. rlongo

5. 99TTGT

looks like a race pack

[​IMG]#ad

6. MyLittlePwny

I have a friend using one on his 500hp snowmobile as the cluster. It's a pretty awesome piece. I want one for my car!

7. yurg

2013-05-14220602.jpg #ad

Here's mine in my 98 cobra. Using it as my dash and the logger works great.

2013-05-14220602.jpg #ad

8. 99TTGT

any new engine pics?

9. doctorace1

ive got one im my 05 i will post up pics today when i get the dash back in the car, mines identical to the fast but made by pcs,it does everything including 8egt and 3 axis data logger

10. rlongo

Thanks!!

11. rlongo

I like the idea of putting it front of the speedo so that you can still see your fuel gauge. How did you mount it? Any install pics?

12. MyLittlePwny

You can set the dash up to read fuel level too

13. yurg

I made a bracket to attach between the column and wheel. there was a stub put on for the removable wheel to the factory column when i bought the car and the the dash was in the radio hvac bezel. when i got the ams i decided to move it behind the wheel. It was pretty simple but my clockspring is removed. Its been a while so ill get some more pics when i get a chance

14. turbofreek

I seen somebody on here using a tablet for their dash with ms, but can't get any pics of anything.

15. YAADMAN_GT

Ron, You should get the Racepak cable that connects to an IQ3 via CAN connection. The Racepak IQ3 is a way better display device that the FAST screen. I think the PN# is 230-VM-EFIXFI. I actually have one but I haven't picked up my IQ3 yet. This page shows what parameters you can view on the IQ3 using the cable and an XFI...http://949racing.com/racepak-efi-interface.aspx.

Franz

16. doctorace1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368788496.972280.jpg #ad

Pic before i changed my IC piping, but as you can see i use to have a racepak in there but due to the limited view functions off the racepak screen i removed it for the pcs system. They both work great it comes down to preference

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368788496.972280.jpg #ad

17. rlongo

All good info. The only element that sways me towards the PCS/Fast over the IQ3 is the logging and additional functions it provides. I'm going to still have my stock cluster show mph, rpm, fuel level and odometer, the display will handle logging and display of the engine parameters I want to monitor.

18. YAADMAN_GT

There are two version of the IQ3....A display version and a logger version. The display version is ~$600 and the logger is about twice that.