1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

modifying dist

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by forddragrcr, Jan 11, 2009.

1. forddragrcr

i read the section on this but all it refers to is with crank trigger? Do i have to modify mine w/o a crank trigger. i have a bs3 and msd dist.

2. Injected65

It depends. IF you are wanting to run the BS3 in sequential then you will either need a crank trigger or a dual sync distributor as the ECU needs to see both a cam and a crank signal. IF you are just running it in batch fire or bank to bank then you only need a crank signal (via a crank trigger or a distributor will all of its reluctor tabs in place). In the case of a batch or B2B setup then most people do not modify their distributors, but for the best accuracy a person could elect to modify their MSD dizzy just like shown in the article except for leaving all of the tabs in place on the reluctor. This would allow you to adjust the rotor position and reluctor position independently of each other.

Chris

3. forddragrcr

ok thank you