1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MMR Turbo cams dyno numbers

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Baznasty Dave, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Baznasty Dave

I would like to see some track times and whp #'s of some street cars with MMR turbo cams. Believe it or not its pretty hard to find any graphs or people showing what they put to the ground with MMR turbo cams, there are a lot of threads on the internet of people trying to sell them but not much dyno results. It seems like most of the people that start a thread about a build using the cams never seem to finish out the thread or post results either.

I explained to MMR on another thread how difficult it was to find info or data of their turbo cams on a 2V street car and asked if they could post up some dyno sheets but they said my best bet is to ask or search around..... so im asking.

Hardly any youtube vids of dyno runs with these turbo cams either on a 2V car.
    Im mainly looking for info or data for the 2 valve cams (although in intrested in any info on a 2v, 3v, or 4v gains over stock cams), if anyone has these cams (stage 1-3) in their 2V car please post up a graph, video, or numbers for me.

Please also post what comp ratio, heads, bottem end/shortblock, lower intake, what turbo and boost level, and if you were/are using E85, or pump gas. Just saying I made XXX whp with their cams does not tell me enough about the combo to see if its the cams or everything else that made the whp numbers.

Thanks, David.

2. TT_05_Stang

I picked up 88 RWHP with stage 2 heads and stage 3 cams with one less lb of boost. sorry dont have just cam numbers.

4.6, 15lbs manual

3. Whiskey

I have been thinking about changing out my stage three blower cams and going with their stage two turbo cams.

4. Baznasty Dave

So only 1 person on here has some numbers with these 2V turbo cams? And no numbers or a sheet on just the cams......

5. Puerto Rico 4.6

Iam about to install the stage 3s on my turbo 2v. I can post before and after dynosheets when Iam done. I already have the cams and new lifters ready to go just waiting on my turn at the shop.

6. Baznasty Dave

I can find a lot of people with these cams that are about to put them in but hardly anyone follows through and posts dyno sheets. Hope everything goes well for you and be sure to share your results!

7. Puerto Rico 4.6

8. Buford

I got stage II cams - I'll get number soon

9. Baznasty Dave

So only 1 guy has a car up and running with MMR turbo cams on here?

10. tt97cobra

I have ran the stage 2 turbo cams from mmr for 2 seasons, but dont have before and after numbers. ill try and find a vid to post up here.

11. tt97cobra

[​IMG]#ad

This is the best vid i could find but it was having all kinds of issues transmission and coil pack issues, so sence then iv put on the mmr distributor and sold the c4, best to date is 9.80@140 with 17psi.

12. Baznasty Dave

Can you tell me a little more about your combo please? like CR, what fuel you use, dyno numbers, Turbo size and AR size, DP size, heads, intake etc.......

13. tt97cobra

9.8 to 1 comp, stage 3 mmr B-heads 93 fuel, gt4788 turbo with .96 ar, 5 inch dp hamilton clark intake, no dyno numbers, 9.80@140 with 16-17psi hope this helps

14. Baznasty Dave

What are your average 1/8th stats?

15. tt97cobra

6.30's 112 mph with 1.5-1.6 crap 60 foots. i havnt made it to the track this year in doing all round new suspension transmission and new short block.

16. Baznasty Dave

That's about what im shooting for, 5.99-6.20's on the new build. Currently runs 7.1's w/ 1.5 60's on the stock 2v longblock with cams and a 150shot, 5spd.

17. y2k2gt

My 2V ran 6.3x's at 114 last year with 18psi, but I dont have mmr cams.

18. GoldenHP

Im going to be buying cams for stage 3 ported b heads on a 5,4 this a street car twin turbo, I wanna buy mmr cams but not sure which ones to buy some any info about them would be great. so i can figure on which stage to buy.

19. tt97cobra

Stage 2 would work good for street, they say the stage 3 has rougher idle and might not be ideal for street driving. but they also stay stage 2 for 20-22 psi and stage 3 for 30psi so also depends on how much boost you are going to run.